Wednesday, June 17, 2009

enlighten me ...

... o geekz of the InterWebz.

how does Namor talk through water again? and in an intelligible way?


you can see the bubbles from below so don't tell me he's not in water.

oh and hey, where's that webbed thing that used to be under his armpits? or does that appear only when he's flying?

also, let's see what Namor is actually saying on the cover (considering that watery thing that muffles sound):

Namor: "you cannot keep me from my cousin's puppies!!!!!!!!!!"

honest to God, that's what happens in this issue.

-----
Agents of Atlas #6

4 comments:

TS said...

Hmm...was wondering the very same thing today when reading Agents #3 & 4 at lunch (someday I'll be current on something, but apparently my pull list isn't one of those things) when Venus and Namora had about three pages of underwater dialogue.

I know! Venus charmed the water molecules. Yes. She's good like that. But Namor, not so much. I've no clue.

Jego said...

Pfsh. His vocal chords have evolved to be able to talk in water by using water itself as a medium to carry the sound waves. The speed of sound is faster in the water, btw.

When he talks out of the water, he sounds like Donald Duck since his vocal chords were designed to compensate for water density.

grifter said...

well, he talks the same whether in land or water. too bad comics can't show that because its a visual medium.

and even if he could talk in water compensating for density, would the listeners (inside a metal container) hear him properly? "Namor of Atlantis" might have turned out to be "I am enamored of praying mantises."

Jego said...

well, he talks the same whether in land or water.

That's Hollywood. In the comics, they cut out the scenes where the Avengers go, "And give my regards to Daisy" behind his back.

And, duh, listeners inside a metal container won't be able to hear him properly, much like you wouldnt hear me properly if I stick you in a metal drum. For example, you won;t hear me say, "See you around, sucker". Youll hear something like "Dont worry, I'll be right back to get you out."